It doesn’t matter if your goal is to buy your first house or move up in the property ladder, adding value should be something you do. This guide will give you an idea of the improvements that you can make to your house to increase its value.
A new central heating system
One of the most overlooked parts of a home is its central heating system. Many older homes have poor boilers, which can result in high heating bills. You can add some value to your home by updating your central heating system with a modern, more efficient boiler. It is important to research which type of boiler you need before installing one. Trustworthy brands to watch out for include Worcester Bosch and Heatline. Vaillant boilers Ideal boilers. To learn more about the options available to you and to view guides for selecting a boiler.
Update your bathroom
The bathroom is an essential part of most people’s home. They are a place where they can unwind with a relaxing bath, as well as clean up before they head out to work. Many people are looking for a modern look in their bathroom. It may be wise to tear out the entire suite and start over. But if money is tight, there are some steps you can do to give your bathroom that modern feel.
- New tiles can be added to your bathroom. It will transform the way you see the space.
- You can add a modern shower to your home. Nobody wants a weak, stale shower.
- A waterproof speaker can make a room look modern, especially when they are smart gadgets. Waterproof speakers make a great, inexpensive way to bring a little modern technology into your home.
- Get plants for your bathroom – adding plants can bring life to the space and make it feel more modern.
Add an en suite
If you already live in a home with a modern bath, an en-suite to your master bedroom could be a great addition to increase the property’s value. While it is a major investment, adding a brand new bathroom to your property can bring a significant increase in your home’s overall value. It’s estimated that this can add around 5% on average.
Make your home more beautiful
The home’s interior says a lot. Most people looking to buy a house are keen to find a home that is well decorated and stylish. Here are some quick ways to make your house look more modern and attractive.
- Refresh your color schemes – using neutral colors in your home is a great option to make your home timeless and not conform to current trends. A great way to get buyers if your home isn’t in style but you still want to sell it. Emulsion paint can be a cost-effective and affordable way to increase the aesthetic appeal and property value of your home.
- Change the ambience in your home by adding new flooring. Updates to the flooring in your living rooms can give them a modern feel. In addition, bedrooms with old carpeting can have a more homely feel.
- Add accessories such as new heating boiler deals, and new decor. Even a small change like new lampshades for the lamps or new houseplants can make your home stand out.